Remember ...

If not now, when?

Friday 1 May 2020

Fort Grey

Good morning to you. 
Firstly, thanks to all who commented yesterday and on my first post in three months, I was deeply touched and will be replying to you all later.

One of the reasons why blogging starts to feel a chore is that when interaction with readers lessens, one starts to feel like one’s writing on a one way ticket into the ether. 
I know how everyone‘s every day is busy and it’s often difficult to find time to comment, so I do appreciate that you found the time to welcome me back. 

As I get back on my feet here, I’ll post short and mostly daily posts on a mix of retired lady outfits, scenes of where I live, a bit on food I’ve been eating and projects in the home and garden I’ve been working on.  I hope you like that mix and I hope you find the time to comment sometimes as it’s  always a joy to hear from you - it’s the biggest and best part of blogging. 


So, 
Here’s where I walked last week on a very rare getaway from my usual isolation walks around the block.  It was uplifting. 







The Cup and Saucer (Fort Grey), Guernsey. .
.
A nice backdrop for a spring walk. 

A la perchoine,  
Mary x
.
#guernsey #guernseylife #fortgreyguernsey #cupandsaucerguernseyu

10 comments:

  1. Ha, yes, I know what you mean about that feeling of blogging into a black void when there are no comments.
    Such a lovely blue sky in those photos. I miss being able to walk along the seafront at the moment. Too difficult to maintain enough distance so it us just along our lane for now.
    Stay safe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank for getting me, Jay. My cousins in the IoM tell me fishing is permitted tomorrow. May not be your bag but I think you'll be able to venture further, Enjoy!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. That's a beautiful backdrop for a spring walk! Guernsey is so gorgeous!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sista, it's such a shame you didn't get to visit Guernsey last year 😭. you
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Happy you back Mary! Rgds, Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to be chatting to you again, Lise, I hope Bulgaria isn't hit too badly by the virus. Stay safe, x.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful walk that must be, Mary!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was Vronni, the beach was empty!
      Hope things are ok where you are. Stay safe, x.

      Delete
  5. I have missed your blog Mary. Glad you are back. In NZ we are not yet able to travel out of our local area. I am missing the beach. And seeing my Mum. And pies. Which is odd because our family does not eat many usually. Five weeks without even sighting one at the supermarket. I am missing the library too. I can read off my tablet but it is always running out of power and its not the same. What great places you have to walk. All the best to you and your family. Hope your Summer is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to hear from you Kathryn, and you did make me laugh about those pies! I hear NZ is doing better than a lot of countries in containing the virus so I'm sure you'll come out of this sooner than the many others, and you'll be able to go enjoy those walks you miss ... and those pies! Keep safe, x.

      Delete