Remember ...

If not now, when?

Saturday 9 May 2020

V E Day Dressing

Happy LiberationDay 2020 to all Guerns!

Today we’re celebrating 🥳 to mark 75 years since Guernsey was liberated from occupation. 

Yesterday we joined in the VE Day celebrations.  It’s just one long weekend of celebrations for us!

The 75th VE Day was the most poignant I’ve ever experienced.  Was it the same for you?
.
.
We joined the neighbours for a 9pm blast of White Cliffs of Dover.
I couldn’t get my Vera voice on without respectfully dressing in a pretty summer dress, not 40s vintage but as a 2005 East dress it’s getting there.
.

I found this and several other dresses in a bag on a high wardrobe shelf that for years I’d thought was filled with hubs’ old painting clothes.  Silly me to have missed out on years of fun with this dress. .

But it’s getting a bit embarrassing.  I started with a laundered 14 dresses stash at the beginning of summer.  More dresses keep popping up from out of the woodwork.  I’m running out of cardis to match them with!
 I need to do a tally of them, and I think the number really will be embarrassing.  It comes from a place of serious summer dress addiction; since my teens I’ve always wanted to mark the start of summer with a fresh new summer dress.

Do you know how many summer dresses you have?
.
#retirementdressing #agelessstyle #over70style #over70fashion #over60style #whatiwore #whatiworeforveday #veday #veday2020



Pics to come of our low key 75th Liberation Day celebrations, Lockdown 2020 style. 


A la perchoine,
Mary x. 


6 comments:

  1. Happy Liberation Day!
    Yet another lovely dress - you lucky woman.
    I have just had a little count up and I only have ten summer(y) dresses, although I am now making myself a couple more to pass the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Liberation Day, PP and PwAFV. That good old trusted flowery dress still looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Dutchie, thanks and how wonderful you remember this dress! I remember wearing it when we had the lovely meal at Petit Port back in 2005. Hope your VE day was good, and your birthday too, hugs x.

      Delete
  3. You sound just like me discovering long-forgotten dresses in the wardrobe! I found a few last week, some with the tag on even.....I have never counted mine though, it might take me until this lockdown is over! Seriously,I do love my dresses and many were bought in charity shops and vintage shops. Keep wearing them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your uplifting message, Alysia. I found a real stash of beauts along with this dress. I hope you do manage to take stock of your dresses and report back here with the total!!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete