Remember ...

If not now, when?

Tuesday 28 August 2018

Travel Tuesday - Where I Stayed


Oh how quickly we get back to our everyday after a holiday.  We've only been back just over a month, yet my holiday seems light years away now.  Does that happen to you?
We've only managed one two week holiday so far this year and how I've yearned for more as I've looked back on my holiday snaps for these travel posts.

This post wraps up my Devon holiday.  As usual I'll let the pics do most of the talking.



No surprise that we needed a fleet of cars to make it all happen.



We stayed in the middle of the pretty Devon countryside.
So peaceful.


Source of photo, Coombe Farm website

The farmhouse where 14 of the visiting American family stayed.
You can see the vineyard behind the property.


The complex had a swimming pool and a 12 seater cinema, which were both well used.



Many a wine was sipped at the table during the hot, balmy evenings.



We gathered in this kitchen sooo much.  The catering arrangement was simple : each family unit took a turn to shop and cook for all the family, which with the UK contingent was over 20.



The grazing cows were our neighbours.




Our Cottage

TP and I shared the sweetest cottage.
This was a super little home from home.









Source of property photos, Combe Farm website

Enjoyable moments were spent sitting out on the cottage's little terrace, enjoying the peace - early morning or after a hectic day out and about.
A family of house martins were nesting in the roof and the adults gave us amazing displays of their swooping and diving as they flew in the valley below, then returned swiftly to the nest with snacks for the fledglings.
 Yes, we did have time to sit and stare!




I also had time to pose around the cottage!


Vine Cottage.



The farmhouse complex was the perfect place for a large family group to stay.  The property was well equipped and tastefully decorated throughout.

The owners and team were friendly, helpful and easily contactable throughout the planning stages, and that continued during our stay.
Our stay at the farmhouse was fun, yet peaceful and sooo relaxing too.


I hope you've enjoyed my little travel series with snapshots of just one of the many beautiful places to visit in Britain.
Thanks for popping in today - please pop back tomorrow for WIW Wednesday!



A perchoine.

6 comments:

  1. Hi PP. Lovely photos and what a beautiful area you stayed in. I absolutely luuuuv the cottage you and TP stayed in. So bright and airy. Seeing your holiday pics really cheered up my incredibly dull, rainy and windy August day! What happened to our amazing summer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Duchesse, isn't that cottage cute? I imagined myself living there ... in an alternative life free of stuff! But yes, all this grey and damp around isn't a good send-off for this gorgeous summer eh? Hugs my love, hope Holland puts on it's summer jacket for you this weekend, x.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, this is straight out of the movies! I mean, really my friend, you live in and stay in the most beautiful places. I must stay there, it sounds perfect. I think your catering arrangements were so smart too, and I can just imagine sitting outside sipping wine and taking in the beautiful views!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you're too sweet! And yes, we MUST stay there for our Anglo-American bloggers' meet-up! Seriously though, an American family had stayed there the week before us so it seems popular with parties from the US. Happy Thursday hugs, my pretty sista, x

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, that was mixing the country with some elegance. I love your "little cottage". And you are right, the summer has flown by like crazy.

    We finally took the two day trip to Branson that I won at the state fair last year. No gorgeous scenery like you had but we did see the best Beatle cover band ever (Louise Harrison, George Harrison's sister put the group together) and I did enjoy that scenery ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, I like your 'country elegance' description, that's how it felt. Your trip away sounds lovely and I'm looking forward to reading all about it on your blog soon. I love a good tribute band and you're Beatles scenery sounds exciting! Happy Thursday hugs my lovely, x.

      Delete