Remember ...

If not now, when?

Sunday 14 June 2020

Lacy Top and Jeans

Hello my lovelies!

I switched hemispheres for last week’s  #herstyleourway challenge.
The choices for the Pinterest steal were a short sleeved top, supposedly for the Northern hemisphere gals, and a long sleeved version for those down under the equator.
So I switched cos there was no way I was going to spend my day in something suitable for 20c+ temps when ours have been  hovering around 10-15c.
Needs must when our summer temperatures are all over the place in June. 


.
So for  my Pinterest steal I went with the lacy longer sleeved option which @my_stylejourney had chosen for the southern hemisphere’s early winter, and with the day’s “summer” temperature of 15c I was rather pleased that I did.  It felt like early winter here!


.
Lacy top, M&S Limited Collection, 2007
.
.

I snapped this pretty top up when I saw on the “last chance” rail back in 2007 because it reminded me of my wedding lacy bolero.  I’d thought to wear with with a dainty skirt or posh cream or black trousers.  Maybe even over a dress but without the camisole it comes with.  
But what’s amazed me over the years is how it goes so well with jeans.  It’s dainty femininity is the perfect foil for the ruggedness of the jeans .  Yin and yang seems to work so well in outfits.

Do you like doing that, pairing a rather fancy top with jeans?
Yin and yanging your outfit?


Wishing you a very happy, peaceful and safe Sunday,
A la perchoine,
Mary x. 

.
.
#retirementdressing #agelessstyle #over70style #over70fashion #over60style #whatiwore #lacytop #laceytopandjeans #jeansandasmarttop

6 comments:

  1. Hi, the lacy top with jeans suits you well. I like this kind of dressing too. I have a nice white broderie anglaise long sleeved top from The White Company that I picked up in a charity shop last year. Very nice quality. I have lots of pure silk blouses too, many from Jaeger or Jigsaw acquired in charity shops that smarten up a pair of skinny / classic jeans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alysia and welcome! You're style of dressing sounds right up my street. I love the pieces I've picked up from The White Company too. I must follow your lead and add a silk shirt to jeans, thanks for the inspo.
      hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Just to say I made your ginger cake yesterday, absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Polly, I'm so proud that you've made something from my blog!!! I've never had that feedback before.
      I made a different cake on Tuesday and I'll share that recipe soon, hope you try that one too, it's goooood!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Hello, I'm going around visiting friends today. I love that white top; that would be a smart addition to anyone's closet. And from '07-sounds like a lot of my tops. I tend not to get rid of a white top and don't even want to know how many I have!

    I finally got an account with M&S but so far haven't found anything that I just can't live without.

    Right now, we are on a super hot spell-one would think it was July. I've been enjoying your Instagram.
    Take care and congratulations on your island doing so good with the Covid-19. You have wise leadership.

    XOXO
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Terri, do you think we should do an audit of white tops one day? But they do go with everything and look so fresh eh.
      Great that you're set up on M&S. I haven't bought anything during lockdown other than a few bras from there. One is fantastic, I'll write a post on it soon so I can share it with you. I'll also try to remember to share any good buys I make there. But I don't shop much these days generally.
      I'm so pleased you've enjoyed my Instagram.
      Yes, all islanders are so proud of our guys in leadership, they've steered us calmly through these turbulent waters.
      Good luck with your Covid journey.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete