Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 4 June 2020

My Happy Dress


Hello my lovelies!

Today I’d like to show you my Happy Dress. 


How can you not feel ecstatically happy wearing a dress simply oozing fruit and flowers.   Tutti fruiti.  Tutti flori.



It’s like wearing Carmen Miranda’s exotic head creation in dress form.
Far safer for a lady who tends to walk rather clumsily.


I wore it last Friday after it was confirmed that the island was entering Stage 4 of lockdown exit. 
The significant of this was yes, restaurants would open and the island economy would get its heartbeat back. 
But it also meant that I could get together with my Sibs again. 
So it felt like a huge celebration and this riotous dress felt apt apparel for the momentuous event. 


Do you have a happy dress or print that you head for when you feel like celebrating?



And for those of youngsters out there who are thinking  Carmen Miranda WHO?!!
here’s a snippet of Carmen wearing her fruit on her head. 


Yup far safer for those around me for me to stick to Carmen Miranda in dress form!


A la perchoine,
Mary x 

12 comments:

  1. Lovely cheerful dress! I think that, until I can get to the hairdresser, I may borrow Carmen's idea and wear my fuit basket on my head :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now, that is one happy dress indeed. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed Dutchie, I could have worn it for Anja's birthday party!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Lovely happy fabric :) Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lise, hope the Bulgarian summer is giving you lots of happy dress opportunities!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. What a fabulous dress! Love, love it.

    I getting together with my sibs on Saturday - in the garden - can't wait!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your Sib get together was lovely, Vronni, here's to many more!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. I love dressses with fruits on. Only last night I was Googling cherry prints! I love your happy dress x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh cherry prints sound lovely, go for it Gail!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  6. That is a pretty dress and it will lift the spirits of those you are hanging out with. My happy clothes are my colorful Jess and Jane tops, I think you saw one of mine in my recent post, the turquoise top with what looks like pretty splashes of paint. Lets give smiles to the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes that top is beautiful and I love the turquoise backdrop, that's such an uplifting colour for all.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete