Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 18 June 2020

A Double Denim Day


Hello my lovelies! 


It may be June the somethingth (have you lost track of days and dates too?) but it doesn’t feel like it. 

June hasn’t been the best of months for weather.  The shirts, skirts and dresses and even white jeans have been often ditched in favour of warmer jeans.  And it’s June for heavens sakes!!!
.

One day was so chilly I ventured into double denim territory.   


A pretty Zara floral blouse was the cheeriest the day got. 


This is another combo I’d not really thought to put together before but I think it works. 
Because I’d bought this blouse in autumn I’d looked on it being a colder months top.  It was always covered by a thick cardi on cold winter’s days.  Yet some of these June days feel like they’ve crossed season so it actually works for cooler summer days too, but without the thick cardis. 

There is some denimy blue in the print that echoes the jean and jacket colour so it pulls the OOTD nicely together, IMHO. 


So my tip today would be if it’s a little cooler in summer, wear jeans, wear the denim jacket, but wear a light layer underneath so that you can react to the changing temperature of the day.

This one has long sleeves but the fabric is a light floaty gauzy material making it the perfect reactive piece for a cooler June day that would have been better suited in March!


A la perchoine,
Mary x. 

.
#retirementdressing #retirementstyle #retirementfashion #agelessstyle #pensionerfashion #over70style #over70fashion #over60style #whatiwore #doubledenim #zarablouse #zarafloralblouse #iwantmysummerback

5 comments:

  1. I really like this double denim outfit with this particular top. Funny it does not look autumnal at all to me. I am also in Jeans and long but light sleeves here on the Bulgarian Black Sea. I am enjoying the temps though as I am not one for too hot. Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting Lise, you must be having similar weather to us, though this week is a scorcher and I'm in dresses. Hope you can slip into a summer dress too this week.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. I like the denim with the bright floral top. That is my style of dressing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a nice mix eh. I think we're a jeans generation at heart eh Terra.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. You look fab in the double denim and the blouse is the perfect choice. A truly fab look.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete