Remember ...

If not now, when?

Tuesday 2 June 2020

Opening Up


Hello my lovelies!


Well, having zero cases of Covid-19 and no new cases in over a month is certainly something to celebrate!

The island entered into Exit Stage 4 at 12.01 on Saturday. 


And this lucky lady celebrated by sitting in the pamper chair at precisely that time!


Yes, this salon opened for business as soon as the clock struck Stage 4!


St Peter Port has looked like a ghost town these past few months but by Saturday lunchtime the High Street was bustling with keen shoppers.


On a “normal” year, the High Street’s shopping contingent would be augmented by teems of browsing cruisers.  

The island has at least one cruise ship visiting most days from April to October, and sometimes two or three.  You can imagine what an impact thousands of visitors has on our little High Street.  

Who knows when cruise ships will return, or holiday makers generally, for our closed borders will be the last thing to open as per our very successful exit strategy. 

And who knows what new normal Covid-19 has carved out for us all eh?


A la perchoine, 
Mary x. 


Photo credits: Guernsey Press


6 comments:

  1. Oh, to visit the hairdresser!!! My bob has lapsed into a shag (if that word is still used to describe a hairstyle??)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss, Jay, a shaggy bob could and SHALL make a comeback with your help!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. I am getting my hair done tomorrow and I can hardly wait! I think zero cases is most definitely something to celebrate!!! Yay!!!!!! Hugs to you and sweet TP!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you, Kellyann, take care out there.
      I hope Bri gets even half as excited with my virtual hugs as TP does with yours!!!
      Hugs to you both, xx!!

      Delete
  3. I am so envious - I would kill for a hairdresser at the moment...

    Well done to your island!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vronni, I've said it before but I'm really loving your lockdown hair!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete