Remember ...

If not now, when?

Wednesday 24 June 2020

Staying Healthy

Hello my lovelies!

Seeing boxes of goodness like this on my doorstep has kept me happy and healthy in lockdown. 



During self-isolation my grocery purchases have been considered, ethical and successful.  And by using a home deliveries service run by a local firm ( Manor Farm Foods )  I’ve done my bit to reduce food miles, road congestion, fossil fuel guzzling and air pollution.


So it’s not just the courgettes that are green in this household !

And talking of courgettes, I made a tasty moussaka with them and their aubergine (eggplant) mates.
And shock horror!!! I took not one single photo of it. 


So here’s the cookery book it came from instead!


Now that we’ve hit Lockdown Exit Phase 5 and all is open again, I’ll continue to make use of this excellent home delivery service.  It’s an ideal way to shop. 

And it makes me feel a bit old-lady-posh getting home deliveries.



A bit Margot from The Good Life!


.
Thank you, #manorfarmfoods❤ for bringing me through this, happy and healthy. 

A la perchoine, 
Mary x 

.
#guernsey #guernseylife #ethicalshopping #goinggreen #homefooddeliveries



8 comments:

  1. Lovely! Although we were not able to get home deliveries for all our food during our lockdown, we made sure to support our local food producers, to keep them going.
    We shall continue to buy their produce now, even though it is more expensive than the supermarket imports. We need them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jay, good to hear how you've cop ed and enjoyed local produce.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Were you able to use all the veg in the box, Mary? That's what worries me about it. I try to buy what we need in the veg dept but sometimes I end up throwing stuff out as its not been used - much to my shame; I must say. And I eat a lot of fruit and veg;for example I've eaten 4 fruits and 4 veg today...

    Take care
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow you do well with your daily quota, Vronni! We've found the produce stays fresher longer, but do use things like the rocket and soft leaf lettuce early on. Toms, avocado etc last into two weeks (we buy this fortnightly).
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Old Lady Posh - haha! Yes to fresh veg and fruit. I am a vegetarian so am in total agreement. Cherry season is in full swing here so I have been eating 500grams to 1kg of cherries daily for the past month. I never tire of them because in a few weeks they will be gone and I will have to wait until next year this time until I see them again. Fruit and veg availability is very seasonal here in Bulgaria but then they are super tasty, unlike in South Africa we have a wide variety of everything all of the time but not so tasty. Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you Lady Posh! Wish I could join you in your cherry fest Lise, the birds have eaten mine again this year, but at least they were happy. It's interesting to hear about your seasonal and tasty way of eating, and I've learned that you're from SA too !
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. Trying to live longer is a great goal, but those extra years won't mean much if you're not feeling healthy and energetic. Thanks for sharing great tips!
    Reference: https://homeia.com/10-productive-activities-you-can-do-at-home-to-stay-healthy/

    ReplyDelete