Remember ...

If not now, when?

Saturday 4 July 2020

My Body Shop Splurgette

Hello my lovelies!



I’ve treated myself to a little splurge, a splurgette, and have bought a few new to me face
and body products.  A sort of Out of Lockdown treat.  
I am loving The Body Shop summer products I’ve picked up.  This was last night’s look for nipping round to my local. 
.
.

Fresh Nude Tinted Beauty Balm #03 Medium gives me a light unnoticeable cover yet hides 7 decades of wear and tear - let’s call that life’s little imperfections!


The Honey Bronze Highlighting Dome #02 gives a natural glow (dare we call it youthful?!) and is so quick to apply. 
.
And the make up sort of took the attention away from Thursday’s clumsily hacked fringe (I hope). 
Yesterday I bought myself a pair of  hairdressing scissors, some tail combs and a clipper thingey for hubs because one of the “good” things to come out of lockdown is that he’s perfectly happy for me to continue hacking cutting his hair, which for an outlay of under £30 will be a saving over time of the £100 + on annual hairdresser costs. 
 It also saves him having to sit in a chair ten times a year talking about “going somewhere nice”. 

And there you have scatterbrained old me digressing yet again.
Get back to the plot, Pout!  Make up!!!

There’s a few other @thebodyshop products that have been recommended to me so I’ll report back soon with my testing of those. 


The Body Shop has an excellent on line site.  You can have a splurgette 
The Body Shop is an ethical and cruelty-free brand. 


And you can catch my rookie err,
“tutorial” of these products on YouTube - if you feel brave!


.
.
A la perchoine, 
Mary x. 



#thebodyshop #bronzerstick #tintedmoisturiser #tintedbeautybalm #highlighterdome #freshnudetintedbeautybalm #honeybronzer #honeybronzehighlightingdome #over70makeup #over60makeup #over60beautytips #over70beautytips

8 comments:

  1. Wow, Mary, you look absolutely stunning in the photos! I enjoyed watching your 'Make-up Fun with Mary' video. So brave to start out all 'nakie'! The Body Shop foundation looks fab...I might venture out and get some myself. I can imagine that David is not going to miss his hairdresser visits and the small talk that goes with them..haha.
    Your fringe came out well and natural looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the video dutchie and thank you do for your kindness. I didn't realise you had a body shop in Holland; remember to use the balm immediately after moisturizing.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Hi, your makeup suits you and adds just a nice light touch. Am I the only woman not rushing back to the hairdressers now? I hate going. My naturally Very curly hair is not always understood by many hairdressers and I feel so awkward sat there, wet hair, having to make conversation. I have been chopping it myself lately and not looking that different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you and me both Alysia, I still haven't been to the hairdresser either, it's not my favourite place either. Lucky you with those curls, it must take ages for it to look long too so I'm guessing you don't need to have it cut too often. It must be a relief for you to find someone who 'gets' your hair.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Lovely photos of you!

    I do like Body Shop stuff but my all time favourite a transparent lip liner seems to have been discontinued. I've tried online and in the shop on several occasions.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Vronni, one of my cousins is a Body Shop agent so I'll check out that lip liner for you.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. Well done Mary, lovely to hear you and bravo for doing it! I really want to do something like this, but haven't got the bottle yet! Jacuqi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Errmmm, says the lady who gorgeously modelled underwear on her blog. Now that's bottle!!! Good luck, I'm hoping you do a make up video.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete