Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 6 September 2018

WIW Wednesday, Whenever!



Gosh, the confusion is getting to me.  Is it Wednesday or is it Thursday?!
I should have caught up with my days by now.
I'd planned to remedy my sunny day slippage with a double post yesterday.  But I didn't.  So I'm continuing to play with the titles.



Simple cream cardi (it's a keeper!) with white T and jeans. Metallic espadrilles.



East aqua linen jacket (part of a suit) with white T and dark wash skinnies. Pewter sandals.




More on this outfit at the end of the post.





This was a day that could have gone either way, weather-wise, and it did.  So I played a juggling act with my cardi (and hat!)




Sunnier but breezy on this day, even in this sheltered spot.




And then came the hot sun once more!

I've been wearing this beachdress wherever the opportunity has arisen over the years.  It's such a fun dress.  I like how it looks like the kiddies have gone crazy with the felt tip pens! 
I get so much use out if it each summer, and it's a summer suitcase staple.  Sometimes I ruche it up and wear it as a long T shirt.  2nd Loved charity find of 15 years ago, £3 well spent.


I took my dress here.




My secret beach.


I wore the same dress for the beach day on Monday, then changed for dinner.


Dinner with girlfriends after a wonderful family day on the beach, rounding off the end of the sunny summer hols.

The outfit was a variation on last week's.  My simple tweaks were a change to mum jeans, black leather wedges and a bit of black beadage.

I was relieved to have this outfit up my sleeve as by the time I'd showered off the sea salt and sand and had put on the slap, I was too relaxed to think up an outfit.  It's useful to have go-to outfits up your sleeve for moments like these. But I guess you've worked that one out yonks ago?

But back to my Monday night dinner location.


The slipway leads the old Victorian bathing pools, which have been recently renovated.



No surprise that bathers feature in the restaurant artwork.



I had several attempts at getting a selfie with the castle in the background.  This is the best I got - it's the grey blur top left hand corner.  Yup, epic fail!


The goats cheese and beetroot salad was nice.



And that's my week in outfits,.  Or is it?
Well, no, I'm not quite finished this round up for I give you ...




A BONUS FEATURE!!

Taupe Column, 3 ways
(it would have been 4 but The Photographer got a tad bored)

On this day I put together taupe linen trousers (M&S) and a vest top (The White Company) and played around with layers to see where I could take it.




Didn't like this one.  The layering just didn't gel.
There are other outfits in which this slub silk jacket can shine, but just not this one.


This coral velvety silk blouse was bought a good 15 years ago ... 


I've struggled to pair it with anything in my wardrobe.  Yeah, I hear ya, it's coral, what's there to struggle with ?!!

Anyway, I like it now and I'll give it an outing ... just not today.


For this is what I went with.
M&S ultra violet cardi.  Simples.





A la perchoine.


8 comments:

  1. I love that you post your outfits , whether you deem them successful or not so much. It's a very fun and lighthearted way to approach the the dress ups and dress downs of life. On another note, what did you think of the Netflix movie of the "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society"? My husband and I loved it. I thought it hadn't lost any of the appeal of the book, but then it's been awhile since iI read the book. To an outsider, the cinematography looked wonderful. I thought of you the whole time I watched. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I'm so pleased you like the outfit posts, hopefully I'll find more outfits work than fail! Each day is a different day and our mood defines our dress, so for me dressing is erratic!
      So sweet that you thought of me when watching the film and I'm so pleased you enjoyed it. As a local I struggled with certain aspects so it was best viewed as a fictional period piece with good cinematography, as you rightly point out. But I got a little hot under the collar about a brick farmhouse, we don't have them! I reviewed it on the blog after it was released.
      Here's wishing you a joyous weekend, x.

      Delete
  2. Great outfits Mary! My very favorite is the aqua linen jacket - it is the perfect length and shows off your cute figure you hot momma!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Kellyann, thank you and I love your hot momma compliments; sadly and unlike yours, my figure is not cute! Glad you like the jacket cos it gets a post of its own today, along with its dress mate which I hope you'll like too!
      TP and I wish you much joy this weekend, x.

      Delete
  3. You know the coral is my favorite! You look so sophisticated in each photo, very regal yet fun. Selfies are sooo hard! But you’re so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it would be, Andrea, you're a big coral fan and I know how to please you! Oh how I lap up your compliments and talking of regal, in my post today I'm wearing something fit to meet the Queen!!
      Hugs my sweet loveliness, go have yourself a sooper-dooper weekend, x.

      Delete
  4. Hi Mary,

    I was going through all those of you who have linked up so far and see that I must have missed this post of yours. But I think we published our posts pretty much at the same time and I was in post Post exhaustion and just step away a bit after I publish. It seems that cutting back to two posts a month has made each of them a tad longer. But, that's my choice.

    First of all, thank you for joining the Slow Fashion Walk! Now, to the important stuff, which on do I like the best. The first outfit with your cream long card is so me and I can see me going out in that one.

    But I love violet(nothing against coral) and so probably would say that violet cardi is my favorite. I have one violet cotton turtleneck sweater that I just wear into the ground as soon as the weather cooperates.

    Looks like you always have something to do and somewhere to go on your lovely island and I love the vintage bathers turned into art! That is right up my alley.

    xoxo
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I can understand that post exhaustion and long posts do take, it out of you. Because my blog is a sort of diary for self, I need to write more frequently.
      So pleased you like that cardi,it being my keeper. I wore that little UV cardi just yesterday, something about the colour creates a calm happiness, eh? Looking forward right seeing your UV faves in the colder months.
      Oh there is so much to do here and I get involved in so little, we're essentially home-birds these days enjoying life's simple pleasures. Nothing is far from home though so next summer I'll have to do a week of throwing myself into island life!
      Hugs my loveliness, x.

      Delete