Remember ...

If not now, when?

Tuesday 29 November 2016

Oh, Little Denim Skirt, How do I love thee?


 
Oh, Little Denim Skirt, How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth and breadth and height that my wardrobe can reach ...



Yes, indeedy, sweet people of Blogland.  I am loving seeing how many ways I can style my my denim skirt.  I'm testing how many parts of my wardrobe it can reach. 

Do you ever do that with a piece of clothing?  Find a piece so versatile that there are seemingly limitless ways to style it.  Maybe some black trousers or a skirt?  And obviously blue jeans are the classic styling sponge - just how many ways can you love those babies?

 
Today my little denim skirt went out a-cavorting with the Woolovers shell top in charcoal cashmere/merino and the snuggly-snuggly East long cardi in merino and Gabor ankle boots.


A grey/taupe glass bead necklace finishes it off and though you can't see them, my lovely birthday pressie double grey pearl earrings are under that mass of hair ... trust me.  They are by Claudia Bradby and I'm discovering that they go so well with so much jewellery, including this necklace.


So, dear reader, I think this is what Shakespeare had in mind when he was writing his little sonnet.  He was telling us that when you find an item of clothing you love, there is no limit to how you can find ways to love it, to wear it. 
Did you realise when reading Shakespeare that he was a style guru?  Not a lot of people know that!

Now, can you tell me how many ways you love your favourite item?


A la perchoine.





2 comments:

  1. Good idea. I must dig out my denim skirt. I also want to do floral summer dress and cardigan. Oh so much to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anna, I really hope I've inspired you (and others) to try the denim skirt and summer florals in winter. I feel both lighten the sombre winter mood.

      Delete