Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 16 January 2020

Mittens in a Minute!

Instant gratification, how I do love thee. 



Just a moment’s work and I’ve  gone from cuffs to mittens.
Mittens in Minutes!


Sew a few stitches a thumbs width into the cuffs of your coat (or jumper) and you have mittens to instantly slip on if things get a little chilly.   This makes sooo much sense and the little thumb thing can’t be seen when you’re wearing the cuff  “au naturel”. 







The scarf is also attached to the coat which gives me scarf and mitts transported with ease - and with no fear of losing them!
I added the scarf and the cuffs to turn a pretty unusable sales buy coat into something truly cosy and snug. 


See more details on the hack I did to this coat in my post
and maybe you’ll get yourself some instant gratification too.
Mittens in Minutes!



A la perchoine,
Mary x. 





10 comments:

  1. You look so pretty in this color! Not everyone can wear it but you sure can! Stay warm my dear friend!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you are so kind, Mrs R, but I do like certain shades of green because I think they offset my otherwise ruddy complexion. What we girls have to think of eh?!
      Happy weekend hugs, x

      Delete
  2. First of all I love that green! That's a very good idea. Now, I've knitted mitts before but never came up with "instant mitts".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Terri. You will love this little fix. It only takes about a minute to sew in a few stitches into the cuffs but it means you've always got mitts and it's one thing less for our fuddled brains to have to worry about losing!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. I love your clever 'invention' and how classy the whole outfit looks (in my favourite colour too).x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and Yes! Dutchie, I always think of you when wearing this type of green, remembering fondly that lovely apple green cardi of yours! Where is it now,I wonder
      ...
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. What a brilliant idea!

    The colour of the coat and scarf is really gorgeous on you. I'd describe it as Chartreuse - wear it more often it suits you so well.
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how sweet, Vronni, I will definitely try. And I love the thought that I'll be wearing Chartreuse, it sounds so ooh la la!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. Those are such great ideas Mary! Particularly attaching the scarf to the coat. I was gutted to lose a prized scarf recently. Love that chartreuse colour. We don't see it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, shame that we can't let more stuff to us eh. Shame about that lovely scarf though.
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete