Remember ...

If not now, when?

Wednesday 29 January 2020

How To Style A Chunky Jumper #2


Yesterday I talked about jeans as a go-to bottom half choice for the chunky.
Today let's bring in a touch of femininity to offset the masculine line of the chunky knit.  
Yin and yang and all that eh.


Skirts

Yes, I believe the feminine shape of a skirt offsets the slight masculinity of the chunky top shape. 
A simple shape works to avoid extra bottom bulk.  But be careful with the length.  
Shortish, yes.  Longish, yes.  In the middle, no!  Trust me, I tried and the result is extremely boxy in shape.



.  So here  I wore my chunky with my straight black leather skirt, not too short as to showcase my never-to-be-shown knees, but merely providing a little bottom pelmet to the chunky.  
The knee boots gave this OOTD a 60s vibe, reminiscent of the early 60s Sloppy Joe - does anyone remember that one?!  

I kept the jewellery to zero and simply accessorised with a cute hot pink bag from Accessorize, a Christmas pressie!

Join me tomorrow when I up the feminine vibe, adding florals to my chunky. 


A la perchoine, 
Mary x.



3 comments:

  1. Cute outfit :) Lise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on the bulky top/skinny bottom solution. Only way to go, me thinks. Loving the bright pink and black combo. I suppose navy is a good alternative to the black but black is my favourite in this combo. I am not ready yet for bright colours but never say never...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh la la with that straight leather skirt! This is fabulous! Look at you hottie!!!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete