Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 16 September 2019

Cruise Postcard #6


Hi my merry band of peeps!
I got home yesterday after an enjoyable few weeks in the sun.
I have a trillion holiday shots to make some sense of over the next few weeks. The blog posts that will come out of that will be an analysis of my travel capsule and some travel posts spread over some weeks.

But today I thought I'd pop in to your screens with a bit of reality.  What I wore when touristing.  The daytime stuff.

I'd like to have given you shots of me floating around ancient ruins in a diaphanous gown with my hair flowing in the breeze.
The reality of my sightseeing however is somewhat different.
Me in unflattering  shorts, tethered by layers of lanyards and bags, scragged back hair shoved under a sunhat.  No make up.

Yes, this is a warts-and-all post so prepare yourselves for some pretty ugly blemishes!



I found it best to take shots before I headed ashore for the day.


For this is me, ashore.




The days started sorta tidy ...


... And quickly deteriorated with the addition of bag, necklace, cruise ship lanyard, tour listening device - all hanging around my neck. 


Add a cruise ship tote to the mix and the look was definitely messy.  

I don't tourist tidily so I usually shy away from posing and posting shots of me out and about.  But today I'm keeping it real.



I packed arch support Reeboks and I'm so pleased I've resurrected these foot saviours, for despite walking many touristing steps in a day, I experienced no foot problems.  
So the score was:  Steps 15k+ p.d.   Plantar fasciitis - nada.


And thus my look was relaxed.


Messy relaxed.


But with Happy Holiday Feet.  Thank you, Reeboks.



So, to recap.


A random end of touristing look.


And a bright eyed and bushy tailed start of touristing shot.


Hair decidedly messy.


And usually hidden under a sunhat.




So that's my quickie post peeps.  I'm unpacked and good to go.  Two loads of washing are out on the line, another 2-3 are queued up for today.

Now I'm off to have a farewell breakfast with my amazing cat sitters.  And then some posts will start trickling onto your screens in my post-cruise downtime.



Hugs and a la perchoine,
Mary x.




14 comments:

  1. Do I spy Pompeii there? I was there a few weeks ago on my girlie trip! Looking forward to seeing more of your trip x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do, ready eyes! It blew my mind, you too?!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Looking good for your hols Mary, glad to see and hear you had a great time, shame we didn't bump into each other in Rome. x :-)) J Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would have been so good, Jacqui, struggling to meet in the UK then bumping into each other in Italy! Your trip looked good.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. It seems you had a good time, want to read all about it! Have a great start of the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleased to hear you want to read all about my trip, Nancy, there's plenty on the way!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. Looks like a great trip!! I love this post...could have written it ;-)
    Shoes...want so badly to wear cute shoes, but only enjoy the day when I wear my Nikes. Bags and lanyards...I always say I look like a pack mule. I have my phone around my neck (for photos), a fanny bag under my shirt, a small crossbody and a backpack, plus some number of assorted bags from souvenir purchases. SO stylish and trendy. HAHAHA. Glad to see I am in good company. Can't wait to see more posts. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you totally get it, Susan, pack mule is how I felt too, exactly!!
      Plenty cruise posts to come, I rarely go on holiday so.I'm going to.milk this cruise good all its worth!!!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. I think you look pretty cool in your tourist gear! I can see I have a lot to catch up with if this is Cruise Post No.6! I'd better get on with it then....

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vronni, hope Ireland wad good, I keep checking to see if you've posted yet.
      My posts have mostly been about clothes but I'm queuing up the travel posts now!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  6. You are so lucky to be able to do so much travel. What beautiful places you have seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES AMY, I was very fortunate. It was an American ship and we went with my BIL and SIL who joined us from Boston, so I'm sounding quite American now!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete