Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 9 September 2019

Cruise Postcard #5



Hiya peeps, just a quick pop in with some more cruise dresses.


LBD



Plain black strappy dress, about 20 years old.


I'm finding this little spiderwebby poncho just perfect for combating the ship's aircon.  Such a useful buy (Nevis) and a useful pack.


The necklace is a jumble sale find from about 25 years ago.


Carmen Miranda





Yes, though I mostly shy away from prints, this knee jerk reaction of a print found me falling in love with this fruity gypsy style dress. (Next Summer sale).   Maybe it's the abundance of fruit that gets me feeling like Carmen Miranda in it, and as for prints, aye aye aye aye, I like this one very much!  
And so does TP, strangely.  It's one of those dresses that down on paper we shouldn't like, but IT we both do.


Toile De Jouy










You've seen this lovely Primark sundress many times here this summer.  And of course it was the first thing to leap into my suitcase!


Cocktails


Loving them.   I'm working my way through the menu (here, Cherry Blossom Garden).   
How am I going to wean myself off these back home?


A la perchoine,
Mary x.



Coming up - Gibraltar and the flying monkey!






8 comments:

  1. They are all lovely dresses. How did you find that 12 year old to model them for you?????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jay, you're cracking me up! And thank you, I'm pleased with my dresses, a mix of old and new.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Yes, what JayCee said!! Cruising life sure suits you! Watch out Jane MacDonald!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear from you, missfish. Yes, cruising seems an easy slip-in, though Jane needn't worry, you should hear me sing California Dreaming!!!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You are truly a very kind lady, Nancy, thank you.I
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. Lovely dresses and you look fab in them. My favourite is the Carmen Miranda one from Next - you should have put your hair up and worn a headwrap - with fruit!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Vronni, I wish you could have been there to style me in that amazing dress! Next time, eh?!I
      Hugs, x.

      Delete