Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 2 September 2019

Cruise Postcard #2


I was determined not to splash out on dresses for our three formal nights onboard, so I pulled out some oldies for the travel suitcase.  Things that I don’t get to wear any more in retirement life.





As I slipped on this dress tonight I spyed the laundry tag still pinned inside.  June 2009.  So my forensics reveals that the last time I wore it was to a wedding in Boston in June that year, had in dry cleaned on return, and there it has hung patiently waiting in my wardrobe, just hoping that I would have one last chance to wear a rainbow pink silk number again.  And  did. 




Tonight was it’s night and it served me well. 





The ship’s cook served me well too. 


As did the sunset.








I could get quit used to this.


A la perchoine. Mary x.







11 comments:

  1. That's a stunning dress Mary. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your travels. I'm also very envious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I'll post outfit pics along the way and location pics on return. Then you can decide whether this cruise works for you, Jay!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. I love the dress, Mary. You look stunning in it. What an amazing sunset too; mesmerising! So difficult to capture sometimes. Amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thanks Dutchie, I seem to be spoilt for sunsets onboard, 😃.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. What ship are you on, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really similar to my pink dress that I've had for a few years - 15 to be exact so that's 2004 - they still look fabulous and bang on trend too! Have fun Mary, and I look forward to seeing what else you have under wraps from the past. xx Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacqui, I remember yours and you look stunning in it. I'm posting daily on Insta and some are current as I've had to go longer to hide leg issues. Any excuse to go shopping in thEse sale eh!
      Hugs, x

      Delete
  6. You are so good to hang onto your clothes for so long! This dress is fab on you!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete