Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 4 October 2018

WIW - The Biggest Steal EVER!


Good day to you, my lovelies, and welcome to October.
I have a corker of a steal for you today!  But first, some housekeeping.
Sweet Kathryn, a reader in New Zealand who's been with me since the start, has told me her subscription emailing isn't working.  Thanks so much for letting me know and I'm sorry about that, my dear.  I haven't changed anything and I'm not techy either but hopefully I'll have someone round soon to sort out my many techy issues.  
Meantime, please log into the blog for my reads - I'm working on my consistency but life gets in the way (that's where I find MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT useful for keeping in touch, so quick to post).  If other subscribers are experiencing this too, I can only apologise on behalf of blogger.  It will be fixed!
I thank sweet Kathryn and all readers for their continued loyalty, I'm so humbled each and every day when you subscribe, follow, comment or just pop in for a quick catch-up.  
Thank you from the bottom of my heart.



And now, on to today's post.

You know, peeps, I never thought of my wardrobe as a toy that would give me endless hours of fun, but that's how it's turning out.  Going into retirement with a well stocked wardrobe is pure entertainment.  My clothes are my toys and I'm actually having fun finding stuff to outfit with!  And yes I'm using outfit as a verb, for that is what it's become.  

My latest fun in the playground was purely coincidental.  Kinda serendipitous.  It started with me finding a cowboy shirt I'd bought for a barn dance some years ago and not worn since, and ended with me accepting a challenge to wear a white tee multiple ways.  Yes, life is like that sometimes.
My lovely blogger mate Anna of Mutton Years Style had taken part in a white tee styling challenge and the cowboy shirt and white tee pic I posted on MY INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT HERE was similar to one of her stylings, so for fun she challenged me to steal ALL her looks.  You know me, I took up the gauntlet immediately.  And fun it was!!!



There ensued one week of crazy creativity and rummaging,  making up lots of outfits based around the white tee.   It shows the versatility of the white tee, but it also shows the value and fun to be had from shopping one's wardrobe.   Most of these items  in the following outfits are old.  Some very old.  For example, the Levi shirt was bought in the mid-nineties in the States, as was the Gap denim jacket.  The suede skirt was bought around 2002-3.  
Yes, the challenge got me digging out a few oldies but goldies.


Some housekeeping.  During the challenge  I wore two modal tees from M&S Limited Collection (I LOVE these!) and a cotton mix tee from Peacocks.  Oh and I also tried sneaking in a graphic tee on a day when I felt a bit of a rule-breaker!



The cowboy shirt


Anna.


Me.


The Biker




Wearing a plain white tee here but ...


... lurking under this scarf was ...


... the naughty graphic tee!!


The Denim Shirt






Chinos




I wore beige chinos as I didn't have khaki.



Wrong! I found a pair of khaki silk harem trousers later.


Suede Skirt






 I added a kiddie chair and coffee cup to my "set" as Anna had been accessorising with these random items in recent days.


The Jacket


Now I thought my grey/white jacquard jacket would be perfect for this outfit.   

(Pic from the start of the blog - is that really me ?!)

But could I find it?


No, I could not, so I used the Zara jacket I'd recently acquired - TP brought it back with him after a trip to the UK (No Zara on the island and it doesn't deliver off-mainland).   I'll do a piece on it shortly as I'm most excited about it.



And I just had to show you my bootees which TP also brought back with him - Primark, and yes, we don't have one of those over here either.  


Pleated Skirt





Well a pleated skirt and trainers isn't my bag, I'll leave that one to the younger bloggers -  the look is very popular but it's just not right for this old pensioner.  So I improvised and gave it my old lady tweak.  This floral skirt has soft pleats going into the dropped waistline, so the pleating is there but you'd have to look hard to find it!  And I substituted the trainers with red espadrilles.  (Both items are 2nd Loved).



So that was some challenge and some steal!  A week's worth of stealing.  Quite possibly the biggest style steal EVER!!!


And now, over to you.
How do you think I did?
Have you stopped to think about the versatility of the white tee?
And are you having fun shopping your wardrobe?

I thank the stylish Anna for putting together so many inspiring outfits for me to steal.  I had a blast!
Now do please pop over to Anna's blog HERE to see more detail of  the challenge she joined and details of the super outfits she put together.



A la perchoine,
Mary.


22 comments:

  1. I loved this and do hope you have outfits you'll incorporate into your life. You'll love my today blog when it gets published later. 5 ways with a denim jacket , haha. That will keep you going for a bit longer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, sweet twin, they're already incorporated! The only thing I didn't leave the house with was the Zara jacket, too posh for my day. You know, I'm trying to feel more love for my Gap jacket so I'll pop over tonight for inspo! Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant! I love that you 'shop your closet', and 'outfit' in lots of different ways. You always look so cool. You are inspiring me! XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks, I feel so flattered! I'm all for closet shopping in this world of waste. Hope you pop back again soon, x.

      Delete
  3. What a great challenge and you completed it so fabulously!! It's amazing the great outfits that are already in our closet when we get the right inspiration!
    XOXO
    Jodie
    www.jtouchofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you Jodie, and yes I get really fired up with ideas when I go through one of these fun exercises and I hope others do this kind of thing too. Maybe something for you, your mum and MIL to try? Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. You did brilliantly at this great challenge. What fun. You continue to amaze me in your closet finds. I am now heading over to the Mutton Years to see what she has been up to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet Christy. That's the benefit of holding on to fave clothes, so many toys to play with in retirement! I look at outfits on others and think "ooh, I've got something similar, I came do that!" Maybe you do this too?
      Have fun with Anna, hugs x.

      Delete
  5. Good show! I have always been envious of that long black jacket.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Terri, I gave the challenge my all! Hugs, x.

      Delete
  6. Twinning! Fabulous copies Mary xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your style steals Mary! You look great! Great to have inspiration even as a fashion blogger. My eye did go to your pretty floral skirt with the denim jacket, love it! All the looks are wonderful and put together. I have been having fun, playing in my closet too lately!. My Turning heads tuesday is back on, Im still making my way to blogs as I have been visiting relatives. Had IT issues, what a hassle!
    jess xx
    www.elegantlydressedandstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Jess, I love that denim/floral outfit too. I love steals and almost did a steal from you in the summer of your pretty lace sheath, then life got in the way and now it's too cold 😢. Glad you're having wardrobe fun too! Hope you had a lovely time with the rellies. I'll come a-callin' on Tuesday, put the coffee on! Hope the weather is nice in Charlotte, it's drizzling here today. Hugs, x

      Delete
  8. You really stepped up to the challenge! I love that naughty tee. I would have struggled with the challenge - I don't have a white tee, for starters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gail, and so interesting that you don't have even own one white tee! I always have a few on the go but am finding the modal tees don't need replacing every couple of years like the cotton. The two I have from Marks, plus a vest, I, must have had a good 5 years. Hugs, keep cosy (it's drizzling here today 😖), x.

      Delete
  9. Mary,Mary, you have outdone yourself. Great steals. You have inspired me to go shopping in my closet. BTW,I have not been getting emails about your posts, either. I feel your pain in trying to fix something that you have no idea about how and why it works or doesn't ;-) Meanwhile, I'll keep checking in. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susan and I'm guessing there's a lot in your wardrobe to inspire you too. Why don't you try the white tee challenge?! And thanks for letting me know that you're not getting notification; you are so right, I have no idea where to start! I'd better do some googling and yes, please keep checking in, I'd hate not to see you around these parts! Have a nice weekend. Hugs x.

      Delete
  10. Lovely 'steals' Mary, you've done well and have great taste. Happy Monday to you. x Jacqui Mummabstylish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacqui, steals are such fun eh?! Hugs, x.

      Delete
  11. You ladies styled your white tees perfectly! I LOVE that plaid shirt! The colors are so vibrant and it looks very polished for a flannel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna and I thank you, Amy! It's the only plaid I have so I've nothing to compare with, but it is a soft flannel, it's from M&S, old but like new (worn twice!). Hugs, x.

      Delete