Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 11 July 2022

Portsmouth Gunwharf Quay



Hello my lovelies. 


Hope you are well and enjoying some nice seasonal weather.  It’s been so hot here, well it is JULY and it is summer here so what were the chances?!




In a recent post I told you the saga of my Ruched Sleeve jacket.  To catch up on that saga CLICK HERE,


The jacket came about serendipitously when
I overnighted in Portsmouth Gunwharf Quay on my trip back to Guernsey.  It was such a lovely oasis of a
place to stay that I thought it would be nice to share some
pics with you. 


It was nice to stop and relax (and eat!) after our drive from Devon, and breathing in the sea air after a week of abstinence was refreshing. 



The location turned out to be pretty perfect and although essentially a shopping precinct with lots of designer shops (so not me), it is set in an attractive seaside location (quay - go figure, the clue’s in the name!).  The whole area is nicely laid out with friendly guest services and security guards, and it felt very safe and pleasant wandering around the area.  
The vibe is good. 

After checking in we treated ourselves to an end of holiday seafood lunch at Fyne Loch. 


The Photographer enjoyed his dish immensely, but he also soaked in the vibe of the place and loved it. 


We treated ourselves to an end of holiday Sancerre, our favourite wine. 


I leave you with a few photos I took on our post prandial saunter.





Portsmouth Gunwharf Quay, highly recommended for a pleasant sojourn, and I’m told the shopping is pretty good too 😉! 



A perchoine,
Mary xxx. 





 




8 comments:

  1. How lovely! I did my teaching practice in Portsmouth in 1986 and don't remember it being so glamorous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it’s pretty glammed up now Vronni, I feel it had a makeover in very recent years as it’s all very modern and well-organized.
      Wishing you a good week.
      Mary xxx.

      Delete
  2. Look good there Mary, I think I may have visited as a child. Hope you are well my friend. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will look totally different now Jacqui!
      All fine here thanks, have a lovely week,
      Mary xxx.

      Delete
  3. It looks like such a lovely place to visit and what a nice sunny day to visit on too - lunch looks delicious! :)

    Hope you are having a good start to your week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a surprise to find the visit so pleasant.
      Wishing you a lovely week Mica,
      Mary xxx

      Delete
  4. I love sitting by the water no matter the season. Our favorite holidays involve water!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That’s how I feel Mireille, I have to be near it.
      Wishing you a lovely week.
      Mary xxx.

      Delete