Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 28 July 2022

From Petite to Plump

Hello my lovelies!


You may have noticed that Annemarie and I often find we have similar items in our wardrobe. 
Which is kinda strange because we’re totally different body shapes.  She’s lithe and petite and I’m, well, errr plump would be being gentle on myself.
I’m fat but for the purposes of the alliteration to come (and I’m all for those!) let’s call me plump.

Although we are different ends of the shape spectrum we’ve often bought similar items because they look good on us individually.  

Hey, we may have a series here!
From Petite to Plump. 
Clothes that suit both body types. 

Let’s kick it off. 


Jumpsuit

Here sporting spotty strappy jumpsuits.
And our jumpsuits look pretty good on both our bodies.
 
I think the all in one sleek line is what’s working for us here, it flatters all body shapes. 


Summer Dress

This soft-lined floral dress from Monsoon looks good on our petite and plump shapes, and no doubt everything in between. 
Again the line skins the body so suits all. 
And as there is no hint of age-discriminating milkmaid about this dress which is a style so prevalent in today’s shops, so this flowing line suits all ages too. 


So currently I’m gauging from this mini-series is that by keeping the line sleek and classic, a style will fit both petite and plump. 


Coming up next in the series, 
The Ruched Sleeved Jacket.   


A la perchoine,
Mary xxx. 



 

6 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to the next instalment in your series, Mary xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goody! So am I. It’s interesting to find things that suit us both, and you’ve met us and you know first hand how different our bodies are.
      Mary xxx.

      Delete
  2. I have a ruched sleeve jacket and am looking forward to the next instalment!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh instead of twinning we could be triplets!!!
      Mary xxx.

      Delete
  3. Love this post. I love the jumpsuit and it looks fab on both of you.
    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete