Remember ...

If not now, when?

Friday 29 November 2019

One That Got Away - The Boho Dress


Hi Peeps, are you jingling all the way to December?!
Are you ahead of the Christmas game or are you happy to let things happen at their own speed?
I try so hard to be the former and so I can report that my cards are ordered, the Christmas decs are down from the loft and I picked up the tree today.  Not doing badly so far, I guess.


But trying to get on top of things makes life busy eh?  I’m struggling to read all the blogs I’d like to read and to find time to leave comments.  And I’m sure time is an issue for you too.  Soooo, I thought I’d have a go at doing something I thought of yonks  ago but didn’t quite get round to doing.  But if not now, when life is busy then when eh?

Because ... Taadaaaah!! I’m going to have a bash at attempting short but more frequent posts!!  Shorter posts are perhaps easier to scan through and leave a quick comment on, as they don’t go off in all directions, as my posts mostly do!!
Please let me know what you think of this new format 





First off, I’ve created a little series called One That Got Away.   It’s about giving trends a go and finding  that just aren’t for me, whether that be because they don’t suit my shape, I think they’ll be short lived and I don’t want to waste pensioner pennies on them, or maybe I just don’t like them!




Here’s my first try on - the Boho.  Seems that if you want a new dress right now, it better be boho or you’re going home empty handed cos that all there is in the shops and online !
This truth hit me when I was looking for a dress for my big birthday recently. 



Verdict on the boho dress?  It’s sooo not for me! 


Dresses have to suit your body shape because there is nowhere to hide with a dress.  No layers to add. no side tucks to distract.  It’s just you and the dress. 
This shape created, well, a zero shape on me.   Maybe a belt could have saved this one.  But it didn’t.  So I had to let this one go. 


This dress style would look good on someone taller and more willowy than me. 



Are you wearing boho dresses?




A la perchoine,
Mary x 




2 comments:

  1. I thought you looked great in the first photo with the V neck on the dress - V necks detract from the bosom area. I like boho dresses but won't be buying any in the shops; I'll wait till they filter through to the chazzas...
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's such a good point, Vronni, the open neckline looks so much better. Thanks for pointing this out, sweetie.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete