Remember ...

If not now, when?

Wednesday 8 January 2020

What I Wore In December

Well, Happy New Year to you, if I haven't already sent you my wishes for a fabulous start to this next year, and decade too.

I have to say, my year has started with no puff left in my sails.
So I'll keep this post brief until I manage to find my mojo - can anyone tell me what a mojo looks like, just so's I know what I'm looking for?

With my usual apology for higgledypiggledy display of pics, here’s what  I wore in December.  It was a different December to my usual, but I managed to get into a few outfits during the month.  Some (probably lots) will be repeated in this space but hey ho, it is what it is and this is what I wore, so I'm being faithful to the WIW concept.





All berry.  Carrying my matching boots because TP wasn’t around to help this old lady put them on.  I need help with boots these days!



All black and ruddy cheeks and with a lovely Insta lady over from Finland who I met for coffee. 


Early December dinner in my sparky shouldered black knitted dress.  This dress came out a lot, it was my December go-to.  Here worn with a black velvet peplum jacket. 



Gotta be done.


That knitted dress again, worn for the family Christmas party I host. 


Christmas Day outfit, berry coated jeans and a jumper with sparkle.


On a cold day. This jumper also has a bit of crystal in it.  Sparkle was definitely my thing. 


Boxing Day swim. 


Dinner with family and yup, yet another jumper with sparkle detail!


Afternoon tea in knitted ecru and grey accessories. 


My Boxing Day outfit.  For the swim, you understand. 


Early in December I got my festive on with a strong red. 


Plain black jeans and jumper.


Bedraggled, when I got home after the swim. 


The all-berry sparkle outfit came out for drinks with the neighbours too. 


My khaki layers. 




Black frock coat. 


Brown suede skirt and boots, pink chunky jumper and big furry jacket and dressed for warmth - I wasn’t expecting to be photographed on the school run!


The suede skirt looked better on this day as an all brown affair. 



Snuggled up in a warm scarf which stayed on indoors as well as outdoors on this brrr-cold day.


Bare tree. 


Decorated tree. 
On Christmas morning, pointing to a pile of pine needles after I slipped and found myself lying on the floor with the tree hovering over my face and baubles lying around me on the floor.  
No breakages  to baubles or me. 


Wearing all my diamonds!


All-berry, jumper hoisted up with a belt. 




Red dress and cardi.  I love leoprint against a bright colour backdrop. 


THAT knitted dress again!


Berry jumper worn as a tunic without the belt hoisting thing. 


More of THAT dress!


See what I mean?  Leoprint doesn’t pop out against a darker subdued background, like brown here. 


My frock coat with an added fur collar. I liked this, I felt glam with this simple addition. 



That’s about it, folks.   December in outfits, mostly in monochrome, done ✅.
Did your December in outfits look pretty much like mine?
Did you find a Christmas go-to, like I did with my knitted glitzy dress?


The house is now stripped of all its festive glitter and sparkle.  And so am I. 
So if you see my puff (aka mojo) when you're out and about, please pop it in a cardboard box and send it back to me pronto.  Thanks!


A la perchoine,
Mary x.


18 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Mary. Your outfits are really stylish and classy. I too love the leo and red. Oh and that fur collar sure does add glam. I can see why that knitted dress was worn quite often - so versatile. You really swam on Boxing Day in the sea?? Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, Lise. A fur collar really does glam up an outfit.
      And yes to the swim question, I hope you'll read my recently published post on this. Do you have swim events at Christmas in Bulgaria, I'd love to know!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. The red dress! What a bombshell Mary! Happy new year lovely. I can't stop laughing about the tree landing on you. Sorry! But bravo for taking on that freezing swim xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for all this kindness, Laurie. The tree event was so ludicrous that it got me laughing too! And it's embarrassing to say this but I slip on that red dress and instantly feel vampish!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! You look fab in all those outfits. Love all the sparkles, especially that black knit dress. Where did you get it?
    I love the white knit dress and the frock coat too, so glam.
    JC x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Jay. Both knitted dresses are from Monsoon and the recent black one is on sale at half price right now. The frock coat is from Zara and they've been repeating it for a few winters now so it must be a good seller. I respect companies who identify good designs and keep them going, good for them, good for us!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. I absolutely loved to see you in that bright red. Gorgeous. And did you really take that swim? Surely your hubby had taken photos of it! But how brave is that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks, Nancy, I feel womanly in red!
      Hope you read my post on the swim - TP walked down to the beach with our neighbours and couldn't spot me in amongst the hundreds of swimmers and I only bumped into him on the way back to my clothes, so no actual in the sea shots - which given my body is probably a good thing for me and readers alike!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. You gorgeous woman, you! Is there anything that you don't look good in, I wonder. The red dress is my favourite though. So glam! Your mojo will reappear, I am sure. Just give it time and take advantage of its absence by resting up, slobbing and taking the occasional nap without feeling guilty. That'll teach it!!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are utterly charming Dutchie, especially as you KNOW me IRL ! The red seems to be a winner. You know the reason why I've lost my mojo eh, and it's slowly coming back.
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year Mary! I love the berry shades on you, not to mention the Santa hat!And the cream dress is very elegant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, you've identified colours I like and I guess that we feel happier in our fave colours eh.
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  7. You've looked wonderful over the Christmas period as you always do, but my favourite is that red dress - it's stunning Mary. HNY to you. x Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jacqui, that red dress seems to be a clear winner!!
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  8. Well one thing is for sure, you looked adorable all month long!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa, I LOVE you!! Thanks, sweetie,
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete
  9. Girlfriend you had a month of fabulous fashion in December! My favorite is the red dress - so sultry and sexy! Did TP like that one??? So happy to see you are still rockin' the coated jeans. You wear berry so well and of course all the bits of sparkle were so perfect for the season.
    I finally started to get some mojo back on Thursday. Here's what it looked like for me: I cleaned the boys' bathroom from top to bottom - even scrubbed their floor on my hands and knees - who am I?? Then I scrubbed my bathroom floor on my hand and knees??? I think I am Cinderella. Then I started purging things. Then on Friday I had fun getting dressed and talked my fool head off on Instagram.
    Maybe my sadness from all the recent events in my life is starting to lift - boy, I hope so!!!
    Cheers to you my stylish sista and hugs to dear TP!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh sultry and sexy? I LOVE you for that, it's brightened up this old pensioner's day! And yes, I've just checked in with TP and he concurs!! And yes, I'm still loving the coated jeans, so useful in winter.
      Grieving attacks from all sides and at any time, so it's no surprise this Christmas has been a difficult one for you to deal with. And I totally get the cleaning and clearing thing as being just the right therapy you needed. And you as Cinderella made me squeal! Though Kellyann cleaning in rags - nah!!! You've probably guessed the reason for my funk, but then I cleared and tidied the utility room (his bathroom) and TP freshened it up with white paint and voila!, I'm starting to find my mojo again. Cleaning/cluttering/organising and a lick of paint ROCKS, and the house benefits at the same time!!!
      Christmas will always be hard for you now, but they will get easier with the years. Time ameliorates.
      Happy weekend hugs, x.

      Delete