Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 30 January 2020

How To Style A Chunky Jumper #3


Yesterday I styled my chunky knit with a knee length leather skirt.  Let's add even more yin and yang to the mix with florals.

I'm styling the chunky with a skirt but this would work equally well thrown over a lightweight floral midi dress - it's your choice, just work with what you have in your wardrobe when trying out stylings for a new piece you're introducing in there. 


Floral Midis


But firstly, let me just say this.  This chunky is very stretchy.  I washed it after just a couple of wears to see if I could reduce the stretch.  But I couldn’t. 


Proportionwise, a midi skirt is just about perfect.  And florals offset the masculinity of the jumper.
The slim line of this floral skirt is the perfect foil for the chunky top line. 
Add to this the length of the midi cut and you have a pretty good balance of length and width, IMHO. 


Add a biker and a pompom hat and you’re ready for a warmer winter day.  Which I was. 


Please join me tomorrow when I cover the challenge this type of jumper brings to outerwear!


A la perchoine,
Mary x 

2 comments:

  1. I have this problem with jackets which I tend to wear in preference to thick jumpers; what coat do I possess that fit's over the top? I tend to wear my navy blue coatigan mostly to overcome the bulked up feel.

    Have a fab weekend, Mary.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realised I've commented on the wrong post...

    ReplyDelete