Remember ...

If not now, when?

Sunday 23 October 2016

Being ... Jane, Part II


Hi, dear reader.  So good to see you again.
I've been having some fun.  Inspired by Jane of My Midlife Fashion, I'm enjoying my half-way house with the military jacket look, test driving it with this old look-alike Wallis velvet jacket with which I was recently re-united after a serious rummage in my archive bags!


Having tried the jacket with black jeans already, today I tried it out with blue jeans.


Here with M&S light-wash jeggings and Clarks alligator-texture chunky heels.


One of my personal challenges for 2016 has been to get comfortable with jeans and jackets and jeans and heels.  So I'm addressing both with this type of outfit.  Result!


Here's stylish Jane, looking oh so much more better in the military jacket and jeans look. 
But you've got to give me points for trying, eh?


Yes, I am working hard at this look.  I tried it with an M&S modal vest and snake print flatties. 
The Photographer With Fashion Views liked this. 
So, like a recalcitrant schoolgirl, I had to try something else.


I slipped on a Next black frilled-front top.


I also switched to some old Zara heels - black with a brown croc-effect toe. 
These stem from the long pointy toe era of about 14 years ago.  I'd forgotten what a challenge those toes were, it's like walking around with clown shoes.  Takes some getting used to!

(Oops, I knocked down my phone charger and I now see I was standing on it, hope it still works!)


I stuck with this look and off we went to enjoy a catch-up lunch with my lovely "oldest" friend (as in years-known) and her equally-lovely hubby. 
 
No pics of yummy food, peeps, I've posted far too many of late and don't want you to view me as Diet-Buster!


Oh, and BTW, have any of you dear readers tried this serum product? 
I'd love to hear of your experience if you have.
It's from Aldi and apparently ladies are going so crazy for it that Aldi are having to restrict sales p.p.
Eternal youth (my words) for just £8.  Sounds too good to be true?  Well in my case it is because the dispenser pump has stopped working after just 3 days.  Anyone else having that problem?  But on the off-chance that it will work again, if I suddenly start looking like a 20 year old please let me know!!!


A la perchoine.



6 comments:

  1. Still can't believe you've been hiding such a stunning jacket Mary. It just goes to show you should never throw anything away doesn't it!
    Hope you're having a fabulous weekend & thank you again for the wonderful mention.
    Jane xx
    My Midlife Fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so sweet, Jane. Just read your comment to The Photographer who's immediate response was that I need no encouragement to hoard! I sometimes wonder how my 20 year stash fits in my little cottage, I am imaginative with storage, that's for sure!!
      Hope you and everyone have enjoyed a lovely weekend - it's pouring down here right now :-(.

      Delete
  2. You've found several new outfits there to see you through the autumn and without spending money. Win win. You look fab in all but my favourite is with the snake print flats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for popping in, Anna. It's nice to get something "for free". I'll tell my PP of your choice, it will please him!

      Delete
  3. I am with you on not really ever worn heals with jeans-now heeled boots is a different story. I pulled out some pointys last week and think they look really good with flairs and I got them just about 4 years ago-people still do make them here and there, can you believe it? Kudos for the black jacket-it's super versatile isn't it? And I love a great thrifty find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Terri, great to hear from you.
      Heels and jeans does take some getting used to. It sort of goes against what we were taught was "right" I expect. Pointy toes takes some work too, eh?!
      My jacket was so thrifty that I didn't need to leave home to get it!!

      Delete