Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 17 March 2022

4 ways to wear a Pleather Shacket


Hi my lovelies!

I’ve been up to a bit of twinning with my blog and insta twinny Annemarie of @my_over50_fashion_life. 

We realized we both had very similar tan pleather shirt/jackets.  Shackets is the current portmanteau for this item. 
I picked mine up in a Next sale last year (£7) and hadn’t yet worn it, so twinning with my mate got me to put my shacket on trial.  Or my leatherette shirt as it would have been called back in the day. 





Didn’t we do well?!

 


In this styling I felt the pleather shacket needed some oomphing with a toning print.  The blues and tans in this chiffon boho blouse are a perfect partner for the tan shirt and dark wash mum jeans.  IMHO. 

Tan shacket, @nextofficial, sale
Boho print blouse, @primark 
Dark mum jeans, @marksandspencer 
Tan boots, @clarksshoes 



My next look  was warmer for a cooler day. 


I should mention that this is a butter-soft leatherette shirt, and I should stop calling it leatherette as that hints of the unmaleable fabric as was leatherette in the 60s when I first came across it.  Remember it?

In the above pic I’m wearing a charcoal grey column of polo neck and jeans with tan boots and bag and a danish beach stone pendant on a tan leather thong (made it ME!). 
.
I think grey and tan is a winning colour combo.


Grey jeans, @marksandspencer 
Grey cashmere merino polo neck, @woolovers
Tan crossover, @marksandspencer 
Tan brown boots, @clarksshoes 
Danish stone pendant, made by ME!!
 


But as some days can be cold (very!), I teamed it here for warmth with a black column of longline v neck cashmere jumper and coated jeans.  
And a pendant which picks out the tan colour of the shirt. 


Coated jeans, @nextofficial 
Cashmere v-neck, @woolovers
Ankle boots, @gabor
Black & tan pendant, @accessorize 
Freshly trimmed hair, @toniandguyguernsey 


And then why not give dresses a try with a shacket?

I added a woolly hat to my grey and black jersey dress and felt I was pitched just right to go run some errands because hey, the sun was shining, it’s wasn’t raging a storm out there and it was actually sorta warm.  
Hmmn I think that’s called spring!

Yes, this tan pleather number is turning out to be a great spring layering piece, just as I hoped it would when buying it in last year’s sale. 

Tan pleather shacket, @nextofficial 
Jersey dress, @lovebravissimo 
Grey bonnet, @nextofficial 
Tractor tread boots, @eccoshoes 


My dears, there are so many more ways I could style this jacket, oops, shacket, but I’ve put a few ideas out there, This try on exercise has definitely helped me see how this little workhorse can fit into my spring wardrobe and I hope it’s helped you too if you’re looking for early spring layering ideas. 


So do you have any preference on the outfits I’ve put together so far?


#1


#2


#3


#4



Maybe none?!
Then how would you style it?


This shacket will be my go-to layer for spring, that’s for sure. 
What’s yours?


A la perchoine,
Mary x. 







7 comments:

  1. That was a very good buy, Mary. I think it looked particularly fab in the first outfit with jeans and patterned top. It looked good in all 4 options but that was my favourite. Is it a warm top? I don't find leather/leatherette warm at all. The pendant you made looks lovely.

    Have a great weekend.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops Vronni, I didn’t link in my reply to you. Please see my reply below.
      Sorry, I’m not yet fully up to speed again with blogging 😟.

      Delete
  2. Oh thank you Vronni, I loved that day’s outfit, the Primani top went so well with the tan shirt and blue jeans. And the jacket is served well as a spring layer because it’s wind proof.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend, the weather is glorious!

    Hugs xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You wear this so well! It's a nice shirt and I really like it with the dress. Sadly with the heat and humidity pleather never survives here long - so it's just something I admire on others!

    Hope you're having a great weekend :) We went to a birthday party yesterday which was fun.

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I’d never thought of that Mica, but it’s not something that you’d particularly want to wear in your heat anyway, I expect. Enjoy the fun in the sun and forget the pleather! And it sounds like you HAVE been having fun, partying!
      Wishing you a pleasant week ahead, xxx.

      Delete
  4. Love all your ideas with your "shacket." For some reason it made me think about the 70's and Ultrasuede. Funny how one thing makes you think of another thing. I love oversized shirts in general. It always makes me think of the 80's.Take care, xxx Terri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don’t remember ultrasuede, sounds lush though Terri. I love tracking back to find what made me think of what I’m thinking right now - sometimes the trail is quite entertaining, seeing how the brain links things.
      Oversized shirts are so versatile.
      Wishing you a nice week, xxx.

      Delete