Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 16 May 2022

White Jeans ON!

 Oh what joy when summer means,

You have your first outing in white jeans. 


Well, they’re chinos not jeans, but that’s just semantics.  They’re white.  And Summer White, not Winter White.  And they’re sparking joy as this was the day I unpacked my summer wardrobe and to be sporting white jeans is the first sign of summer.  In Pout World.  You can forget your swallows, white jeans truly do mark the coming of summer in my universe. 



I realise I’ve unpacked summer a whole month later than these past few years.  Now, I’m not hurtling in opining that this is evidence of global cooling, but this summer has been slow to kick off.  Just saying. 



Maybe you’ve been wearing white jeans for weeks?  Maybe you never stopped wearing them?  Maybe you NEVER wear them?!



Moving on from jeans v chinos, warming v cooling, this was also the first outing of my slip-ons, so comfy.



I teamed my white column with a chocolate brown  and elevated this smart casj look with old gold jewellery.  

Job done.  Go to pub! 


 Or rather, beachside restaurant for that is where I took this outfit. 


And ate this monster of a fish and chips. 


Of course half the fish and most of the chips came home with me . 



And next day I made fish cakes* with the leftovers, and they were delicious.   

I allowed myself ONE chip. The Photographer had the rest of course.  I’m good like that. 


*left over cod and some salmon from a few days before

4 small new potatoes, crushed

Chopped onion, basil and chives

Seasoning

Bound together with one egg and left in freezer for half an hour to man up a bit before frying in a mix of olive oil and butter. 


You’re welcome!


And an update on where my dressing mojo is at right now. 

I’ve resorted to style steals again.  But not taking inspo from other blogs, Instagram or Pinterest.  

I’m now stealing from myself! 

Outfit on the left was something I wore this time last year. 

Yup, I’ve got that desperate I’ve been stealing style from myself!  It wonder if there’s a word for that …


I leave you with a song which captures the thrill of jeans 



A la perchoine, 

Mary xxx. 



Chinos @marksandspencer 

Slip-ins @fandfclothing 

Cardi @woolovers

.

.

#retirementdressing #over70style #over60style #agelessstyle #everydayoutfit #whitejeans #sliponshoes #sliponsneakers #marksandapencer #fandfclothing #whitechinos

12 comments:

  1. I love white jeans outfit, perfect for a beachside outing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, glad I dug them out for the occasion.
      Have a nice week xxx.

      Delete
  2. I love the bright pop white jeans can add to an outfit! Love the classic black and white combo on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Laura, you’re right, white jeans zing up an outfit. 🙏
      Hugs Mary xxx.

      Delete
  3. Love white bottoms: I get too hot in white jeans in summer so I just thrifted white skirt: it is chino material so it will be cooler!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right Mireille, if you’re fortunate enough to live in a really hot area then white jeans can be a little too hot to wear. Lucky you to have those summer temps! Wishing you many cooling days with your thrifted white shirt.
      Hugs Mary xxx.

      Delete
  4. White jeans are always cool and I loved your white chinos, too. I've worn mine only once this year so far but will definitely wear them more.

    I often look at old outfit photos of mine and find inspiration; you can't always remember what you wore and whether it was a good look or not - thank goodness for outfit photos!

    Lovely looking fish and chips!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh so right, thank goodness for outfit pics because sometimes (often!) we really are faces with dresser’s block eh.
      Have a great week ahead
      Mary xxx.

      Delete
  5. You look great in your white pants! i like them paired with the white top too and the brown cardigan for some contrast! :) I haven't takent eh plunge with white jeans yet, although I'd like to, I am a very clumsy person and with two little boys and a dog...I worry they wouldn't stay white long, haha! My white shorts and tops usually don't!

    Hope you are having a good week :)

    Away From The Blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mica, take courage and wear those white jeans. I’m the messiest person around but mine always come back shining white after a trip in the washing machine!
      Have a wonderful week, Mary xxx.

      Delete
  6. I think it's probably White jeans for me too. And now approaching pre-summer "legs out" stage which means a pedicure and a little fake tan on the legs. One chip? That's amazing will power! Thanks for linking Mary x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ONE chip Gail, but for all my hard work the weight just isn’t shifting 😕.
      You’re ahead of me with the pre-summer grooming session Gail, I’ve had the pedicure but my legs still haven’t seen the light of day.
      Mary xxx.

      Delete