Remember ...

If not now, when?

Saturday 2 May 2020

Instant Outfits



Good day to you, my lovelies!



Soft coral is EVERY lady’s colour.  IMHO.  It suits all colourings and I can’t help but feel uber feminine and girlie in a coral cardi covering. 


.
But this bright colour is a bit of a shock to the system after months of blacks and greys, so I apologise if your eyes are squinting from the glare!



Simply throwing a  cardi over a dress in the transitional months extends hugely the season of dresses.   

Some weeks ago I washed an embarrassing number of summer dresses then I matched them up with cardis and hung up the combos for instant go-to ease.  Now, several times a week I switch to a dress after my day's work in the home/garden.  I feel revived and feminine after a day in scruffies.  

My dresses have been acquired over the last 20 years or so (and one beauty from 1986!).  This method of pre-preparing the combos makes for a quick outfit change so I'm more inclined to systematically go through my WHOLE dress collection many times this year.  Whahayy!!!


A la perchoine,
Mary x. 

10 comments:

  1. Hello, Yes I too am digging out my summer dresses early this year and trying to wear as many as I can in these strange times. A good idea too to pre- match the cardigans to go with each one beforehand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alysia, it's great to hear from you! So pleased you're ahead of the summer dresses curve. It's an instant blast of "normal" in these uncertain times eh. By pre-pairing cardi to dress you come up with surprising combos - I never thought before to put these two together! Hugs abound stay safe, x.

      Delete
  2. Great idea to match them before hanging them up in the wardrobe.
    I need more dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish you more dresses! A cardi and dress combo is such easy wear and spending just an hour prepping them all up has given me some combos I wouldn't normally think of (like this one) so I do recommend it, Jay. Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Love the tshirt dress and would love one myself, but as I am only just about 5' 2" not sure if it would suit me.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T shirt dresses are easy wear Polly as they require zero ironing!! I'm barely taller at just over 5'3" so I'm sure you'd look fabulous in a T shirt dress. Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. What a great idea to pre-arrange your outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dutchie, I'm LOVING having a section of go-to outfits in the wardrobe!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. It's a lovely colour on you, Mary and very season appropriate!

    It's a great idea to preselect and match with cardis. If I had the space I'd would sort out two weeks worth of outfits and do the same...

    Take care
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Vronni. I had to hang the dresses and adding a woolly to them for the season right now frees up cardi hangers so the rail gets less cluttered. That's the theory. Having said that , it's still a major exercise to cram them all in because I'm finding more dress stashes!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete