Remember ...

If not now, when?

Saturday 4 January 2020

Most Viewed - What I’ve Been Wearing Lately


I’m always excited to look back on my year of posts and see which were the ones that did best.  It’s always a bit of a surprise.
Here’s 2019’s #1 from 30 January - I hope you enjoy this step back in time. 



Hi my lovelies, are you feeling the love for spring yet?  It's around the corner, honest! (see what I did there, I  !'ed!!).
The daffs are out along the hedgerows but sadly none have popped up in Pout Gardens yet.
But what I find amazeballs-uplifting at this time of year is the winter phenomenon of the days drawing out.  That first day in early January when I look out of the window at 5 p.m. ... and it's still light.  That event in our seasonal cycle fills my soul with child-like enthusiasm, joy and hope.  So, if you live in the northern hemisphere, I defy you to not feel that love for upcoming spring right now!


Now, on to the matter in hand.  The important stuff.  Outfits.
My weekly Wednesday roundup.


Let's start with a coat.  It's been cold  (yeah, it's January, what were the chances?).
This cosy camel car coat (Dotty P) has been much in play and with winter white scarfage and taupe boots (Jones) I think it creates quite a classic look for winter eh?


More classic dressing,  black jumper and jeans.  The necklace is a jumble sale find from the 90s and worn with the dangly earrings (also from the 90s) .  This fancy jewellery took a plain classic jumper and glammed it up a little,  n'est pas?


I'm getting a bit repetitive with this week's round up as some of these outfits charged into my JEANS AND A NICE TOP POST, HERE   But these are my outfits of late so I make no apology for this as is is what it is.



But the  beaded top leads me to where I took the outfit ... to this table laden with yummy nibbles!  Drinks and nibbles at the neighbours' house.  "I'll keep it simple" she'd said when she invited me.  When I arrived to this sight, I immediately whipped out the camera 📷.  "Well, this is simple, for me" she said.
 She's an amazing cook, so just imagine what she rustled up for her "simple" supper last year - READ ABOUT IN WINE WITH THE NEIGHBOURS, HERE



With the benefit of Insta hindsight I realised that my January had been one long grey, black and winter-white knitwear fest, so I remedied that.  I added a bright blue summer cardi to go to Bro's house for birthday cake and coffee.  Which was fine as his house is toasty-warm during the day, unlike Tight-Pout's.  So later in the day a HUGE extra cardi layer was added to this ensemble, rather than turn on the heating off-timer!

My message here is clear and two-fold: 1.  A simple addition of one item of bright colour can liven up a bleak January outfit, and 2.  If your house is cold, go to someone else's!



Winter white Monsoon sweater dress, brown suede waistcoat (machine washed, Terri!) with brown tights and accessories.

I did a flat lay of my accessories on the waistcoat backdrop as I wanted to show you my old boots.  These brown leather Gabor boots (together with their black rellies) are simply 
the. comfortable-est. boots. I have ever walked in.  
They are more than 15 years old and 
I. have. never. repaired. them.  
Add to this their butter-soft suede bang-on-trend mustard lining as seen in this pic and you have the loveliest boots this side of The Pecos!


Liberation Themed Ball - doesn't TP look good as a spiv, ladies?!

And finally!  I've been doing a challenge on Insta this month and this day's subject was "midi dress".  I really couldn't be bothered to go hunting round in the archives for a midi dress that I didn't really want to wear that day anyway (and I'm not sure I even own one). So I cheated and used a photo from more than ten years ago (it's ok, I fessed up to my cheating!).

The dress was charity-shopped, and I have to say it ended up being much used as it really was a quite lovely dress.  All other items are "model's own".  I was particularly innovative with the "fox fur stole" - I simply left my faux fur collar/scarf thing draped over my shoulder.  I think it worked.
And Vronni, check out the headscarf!!!!


So my dears, that concludes this week's round up.  And what is of note in today's post is that my !-exclamation mark is demonstrably back in Pout World!!!!
I think it was facing up to a blogging crossroads on my blogaversary that got me feeling quite empty yesterday, quite lacking in puff, and finding nothing to, well, exclaim about. 

But, Tomorrow is Another Day and we  would be wise to remember those Hollywood-immortal words on a meh day, eh peeps?

Cr: Anne Cummins

Let's wake up tomorrow and smell the spring daffs!

A la perchoine,
Mary x.




6 comments:

  1. Spring???? Days that lengthen? Well, PP, I admire your optimism but please allow this here winter girl to enjoy the long nights for a bit longer, please! Spring is my second favourite season but let's go gently... I realise, some 60 years into my life, that I should have been born a bear with hibernating as her favourite hobby! Love your winterwhite Monsoon dress with the waistcoat. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! With you on that hibernating, Dutchie! Though I do love these lengthening days but cant say im with you on winter.
      I'll have to dig out that cosy waistcoat.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. Lovely pics but your beaded top is a beauty! Great neighbours eh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lin, it's an oldie but a goodie. Hope you have great neighbours too!

      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. We are still waiting for winter to arrive here in Orlando. In fact it is supposed to be in the 60's on Monday and I am already planning what I'll wear - I can't wait to bundle up!
    I love looking back at your photos. I say this year you have gotten younger - you look terrific my friend and so does that dapper TP!
    xo,
    Kellyann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you absolute charmer you, what kindness!
      I get excited for you every time I see you wear a cardi. Enjoy your three days of winter!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete