Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 2 December 2019

One That Got Away - Snakeprint



I mean ... draping a reptile around one’s body ?!!!



I’m definitely not a fan of snakes.  (Not my favourite) uncle teased  scared  absolutely terrified me with a slow worm when I was very, very  young and I will NEVER forget that experience.  He did lots of other things to scare us as kids, not very nice really.

Anyway, think you’ve got it - snakes and me will never be best buddies. 

So you can imagine my revulsion when snakeprint dresses appeared on the scene. 
I’ve been turning an uncomfortable eye away from this trend as the idea of being draped in snakes made me feel a bit icky, a bit Indiana Jones in that temple - 😱.
.
But recently I manned up and gave it  a go.  And if I saw passed the print and focused on the dress itself then the snakeprint dress looked ok if tweaked with a chunky brown belt to cinch in the waist.  On its own it was a loose bag of scary reptiles.  Agreed?


Tweaking this dress was mandatory, perhaps to deflect my mind from the print Itself.
So, this was one trend that got away. .


What’s your view on snakeprint?  Good?  Or icky?


A la perchoine, 
Mary x 


10 comments:

  1. I rather like the snakeprint, but perhaps not all over, as in a dress. In the end of summer sales I bought a snake print short sleeve blouse but haven't had the opportunity to wear it yet - too darned cold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Jay, perhaps a dress is a little too much for this print, even if you don't mind snakes eh?
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  2. I always tend to go for the 'usual' tiger or leopard print but I must admit that this snake print is quite sophisticated in this dress. How about lowering the neckline (does it have buttons that can be opened?) I find that more flattering... Still one that is getting away?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well here's the double whammy on this dress, Dutchie ... It tastes at the BACK!! Thanks for your feedback.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  3. Looks great with the belt and boots. I actually quite like snake print but not sure I own any...

    I love the yellow floral print in the background of the second photo; it's beautiful. What is it?

    Have a great week.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Vronni, so true as it was a dress that could not leave the house without a belt and boots!
      Thanks for noticing the mustard background, it's a duvet set from Next and I pull it out periodically over the colder months.
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  4. One that got away! mmm .... I think that's a good idea for this snake print dress. I'm not a fan of snake print, especially that much of it!
    I enjoy your blog, thanks Mary you always make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear hear on the snakeprint - I'm pleased that slithery thing got away!
      Thanks for your sweet feedback, Helen.
      Hope Rosie is behaving!
      Hugs, x.

      Delete
  5. Definitely with you on this one Mary, I hate snakes! I can't even look at one in a book, so no snake print anywhere near my body!! Having said that the dress does look very sophisticated with the belt. XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I was almost tempted with the belt n boot styling, but then I came to my senses. Like you, I close my eyes to anything snakey. 😱
      Hugs, x.

      Delete