Some bloggers never get to meet a fellow blogger. Even fewer bloggers get to meet two bloggers. And both called Anna? What are the chances? I'm sure Oscar Wilde would have something clever to say on the matter.
I see myself as so lucky to meet two bloggers in my 21 month blogger life, and that both are called Anna is even luckier! Have I just done something amazing?
During my recent holiday in the Scilly Isles I met ...
The delightful and oh so colourful Anna of Anna's Island Style.
Doesn't she look amazing in her pattern mix? And look at the backdrop, isn't that idyllic?
Anna is a stylish and colourful blogger. Anna's ethos is to inject colour and pattern into her every day dress style, and preferably through 2nd Loved clothes. In fact, so much is she a lover of and expert in colour and pattern mixes and black not usually having a place in her wardrobe that she set herself a challenge. Wear a pair of new black trousers once a week, each time differently and for about 12 weeks from recollection (sure beats my 3-ways approach anyway!).
Of course, these were no ordinary black trousers, they had salsa-style frills down the outer leg. I was fascinated to see what she did with black trousers and I found great inspiration from her series as I tend not to be very adventurous ... even with black!
But colour she does and she does it so well, see some of her splendid work here! And I can also vouch for the fact that she wears colour and pattern in her every day life. I sometimes think that bloggers dress for the camera then switch into sweat pants and an old t shirt. Oh no, not Anna. For I made an unannounced visit to her island gallery and she was there, Monday morning, dressed in a glory of oranges and purples and pattern.
We both live on small islands so neither of us get to do that many blogger meets. So we chatted. We chatted for our islands. We chatted non-stop for hours. Despite lubrication in the form of a cappuccino and elderflower water, I arrived back at my hotel sounding
croaky husky, and I likened my new voice to that of Judi Dench.
I realised that in retirement I don't talk as much as I used to. And as much as I loved sounding like our National Treasure for a day or two (yes, the husk lasted!), I realised my vocal chords haven't been getting a good work out lately so promptly resolved to change that by upping my talking. The Photographer's reaction to this new resolution was decidedly underwhelmed.
With our voice boxes well exercised and mine Judi-husking, we dashed off in search of another photo shoot location.
Anna found us this rocky outcrop with a beautiful sea and island background.
What a lovely shot, eh? She's got an eye for locations.
And this looks like such an easy thing to do, eh? Taking a shot at the water's edge.
But let me just show you what goes on behind the scenes.
10 Steps To The Perfect Blogger Selfie
1. Find suitable backdrop with level platform to rest camera. If not level, create level platform with stones, twigs, phones and/or anything else lurking in handbag/backpack.
2. Position fellow blogger on edge of rocky outcrop as marker to line up camera screen.
3. Check view of fellow blogger as seen through miniscule camera screen in blinding sunlight. Set timer.
4. Commence run and conduct in-run risk assessment - terrain (spongy and decidedly pot holed), timeframe, distance, pace required (note wind speed and adjust strides accordingly).
5. Be mindful of camera ticking the 10 second countdown.
6. Start adjusting those strides.
7. Watch out for those pot holes!
8. Try flying.
9. Leap like a gazelle on to the rocky outcrop, taking care that momentum of run does not run you off the edge, next stop: the sea.
10. Hold on for dear life to fellow blogger who has been unsympathetically giggling whilst taking frame shots of your hairy 10 second journey from camera to rocky outcrop.
That, dear readers, is how bloggers get their shots!
And that's Anna, folks. She has a zest for life. She's fun, dynamic, a veritable powerhouse. Kind, multi-talented and so enthusiastic that it's contagious!
I thank Anna so much for taking time out from her busy day to spend time with little ole me. I also got to meet her charming photographer who takes Anna's amazing pics and also her lovely daughter.
Oh what fun we had! Do please check out Anna's post on our meet here. Must dash, I'm off to check it out myself.
But before I do, as thanks Anna, this is for you!
Stephen Bishop, singing On and On
A la perchoine.