Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 10 October 2016

Winter-White Jeans On


Good day to you, fine people of Blogland.  I hope all is going well you.
Me?  I'm marvelling at this lovely autumn.


And yes, I'm marvelling in my white jeans.  In October.  Why aren't they already in winter storage?

When I wrote this piece white-jeans-on-at-beaucette-marina back in September, I'd pretty much mentally closed the lid on white jeans for 2016.  In the archive box with you, see you in 2017.
For I have a little foible about them this time of the year.  The white colour doesn't stand up well to our colder sunlight.  Well, that's my view, for what it's worth.



But the weather has been so kind that I thought I'd break another of my no-no ideas.  Beat my foible.
Oh, I am becoming so brave, so iconclastic!  Has writing this blog brought me out of my shell?  Brought me out of my little world of insecurities and rules on what should be worn, where and when?


It's sunny.  Why not wear white jeans?  White won't look sad on a day lit with warm sunlight.  There is, after all, a colour called Winter White.  Ipso facto, it must be an OK colour for our winters.  And if I tell myself I'm wearing Winter White, maybe I'll feel OK about wearing these in October, right?


Seems like the only tweaks required to stretch jeans into autumn are
1) a beautiful sunny day, 2) boots and c) something woolly, and d) a scarf!

So, let's look at those tweaks ad seriatim.
1) in place, 2) Clarks, c) Woolovers grey cashmere/merino twinset d) La Redoute.
What do you think?  Do I look cold and uncared for, like I imagined I would?



Or do I look bright and cheerful in grey and (winter) white and all booted up?
Am I the only lady in the northern hemisphere who has told herself that white jeans don't look right at this time of year?  I probably am but I'd like to find out.


So my dear readers, are your days getting chilly and yet you are still wearing white jeans? 
If you have a blog, I'd love it if you could show me how you wear them this time of year.

Or, if like me you are wary about white jeans in the colder months, do you fancy giving them a try?  And if you have a blog, do you fancy putting photo to ether and joining me in this little habit-breaking challenge?  I'd be over the moon if you do!


A la perchoine.

8 comments:

  1. You look great in the way you've styled them. I need a sunny day as you say, to do them justice. If one comes along I'll wear them and tell. I have a couple of ideas how I'd wear them. I need the weather to behave now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your sweet words, Anna. I hope you get some good weather - I'm chanting as we e-speak ...

      Delete
  2. Dear PP. I love how you have combined the white jeans with the more traditional winter colours. For some reason I have never been brave enough to wear white trousers after September; for me it just doesn't feel right. However, looking around my town, I notice that a fair amount of Dutchies continue to wear white on these beautiful Indian summer days (even though the temperatures don't go north of 15 degrees. Brave souls!! My verdict on whiltes remains pending...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dear Duchesse, I really would love you to give this one a go. And by the sounds of it, you won't be alone. Please let me know how this works out for you, eh!?

      Delete
  3. I too have worn my white jeans recently - sounds like we've committed terrible crimes lol. Having always thought you should never wear white jeans past September (why I don't know) but since starting blogging (april) I can see no reason why not to, so long as the sun shines and there's not even a hint of rain - we should 'go for it' Nice to visit your blog again Mary. x Jacqui
    www.mummabstylish.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I have a partner in crime, Jacqui!
      Yes, we don't have the our lovely American readers' Labor Day rule, which now seems to be passe from what I read, but we do have an innate view that white jeans and winter don't go and shouldn't go. But they do, with the right conditions as you point out. Hope you've had some fun times with yours recently!
      And my blog and I are hoping you will be visiting again soon, Jacqui!

      Delete
  4. Hi Mary, in answer to your question: you definitely do look bright, cheerful, and I'll add really stylish, in white jeans and grey twinset. I think it's a perfect look for the fine October weather we're having in the UK right now. Like you, I looked at my white jeans hanging in my wardrobe the other day, and wondered, should I? Too late to wear you this year, was the answer I heard myself say. But you've inspired me to be confident and, when the weather merits, to follow through. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you, Jacqui. We have had some super weather and maybe you and I should grab the opportunities left in 2017 to shake it up a bit with white jeans autumn!! Hugs, x

      Delete