Remember ...

If not now, when?

Thursday 14 July 2016

Lunch Date With Bardot




My Dotty P navy Bardot dress.  What is there not to love about this easy, versatile piece?  I can take her anywhere! 

I could see her dressed down with a white linen or blue denim shirt, a slouchy cardi or Breton top, or a lightweight wrap just slung oh-so-casually around me. 
But for this outing, I took her up a notch.  With heels.  For  me and Bardot were posh-lunching with cousins' rellies from Ireland who were down to see my 97-years-young-next-month aunt.
But let's talk a bit more about Bardot.


I feel so comfortable with her.


She's simple to doll-up,


here with a pearly tassel necklace, beads around the wrist ...


and nude high-heeled sandals hopefully providing the illusion of lengthened legs.


A draping of M&S bobble cardi in navy.


And this girl is good to go.


(Don't ask me how I accomplished this pose.  I seem to be defying gravity!)


Now, I am pleased to report yet another plus point about Ms Bardot.  She is low maintenance.  She washes a dream.

And having sung Ms Bardot's praises for so many weeks, I thought I'd just check if she's still available.


Oh, this is awkward.  Unfortunately for me, she is available, in some bright colours at a knock-down sale price of £8, to boot.  This little lime number is sitting in my trolley.  Do I press buy?!!!

And interestingly (to me, anyway), I see this is for sale.

Black bardot pencil dress

Has somebody from Dotty P been reading my blog here, I wonder?

A la perchoine.






No comments:

Post a Comment