Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 11 April 2016

Tips n Things




My top tip of the day is if you set yourself achievable targets,
you set yourself up for success every time.
So, here's the thing.  One of my targets for 2016 is to feel comfortable in heels with jeans.  
See what I'm doing?  A totally achievable target :-).

Heels with jeans - such a small step for mankind, but a heel-totteringly huge step for The Pout.  I see lots of ladies rock the pairing this millennium but I've been held back because if I think jeans n heels, I get a visual of the 80s flecky jeans and white stiletto combo that was around back then - I was not a fan of the look.

But there's no doubt that heels lengthen the legs (and boy, does my pyknic body need that!)


So today I'm trying M&S taupe jeggings, Next black modal top and Wallis black linen jacket with some Jones wedges - half way between flatties and heels ... baby steps for moi!


And with an animal print scarf for Springtime warmth.

OK, I can see this jeans & heel dressing is a Work In Progress. 
I have till December 31 to "get it" -  so no pressure then.




BTW, I resurrected this lipstick recently - Bourjois 3D Effet (French, not a typo!) Balm Action,  No. 3. 

Here's another thing.  I learned something recently ... yes, old dogs can learn new tricks :-).
Cosmetics and skincare now have a little jar icon secreted somewhere about their person, with the number of months within which the product should be used once opened. 
I had NO IDEA!   Of course, you then have to remember when you opened every single item!

Fortunately this No. 3 3D Effet balm action thingey is so old that it has no such icon.  
So I can use it for as long as I want.  Happy days!


Thanks for stopping by.
Kram.

A la perchoine.


No comments:

Post a Comment