Remember ...

If not now, when?

Monday 21 March 2016

Ye Olde Pubbe Experience




Lunch.  In England.  On a Sunday.  It just has to be a pub Sunday roast.


For our Sunday Roast Experience we chose the The Lamb Inn at Pevensey Marsh.
It was recommended to us by a relative who is a "local". 
And, oh, how super was the experience, on several counts!


Firstly, it's such a relief when recommendations turn out so well.

Secondly, it is truly cosy, offering a real Ye Olde Pubbe Experience.





Thirdly, the food - it is delicious.

 

The Photographer chose the Chicken Pie with spring onion mash. 



I went for the Full Sunday Roast Experience, their Roast Platter,
comprising roast beef, pork and turkey, bacon-wrapped stuffing, Yorkshire pudding (love 'em!),  roast potatoes, roast parsnips, veg ... and a bottomless jug of gravy!  The works.  The full monty.


Here's photographic evidence of how good this truly food is -
The Photographer's totally empty plate!

Oh and there's a fourthly too, their great aperitifs.  Think long gin cocktail, a mix of Bombay Sapphire, fruity cordial and sparkle.  A temple-like experience so no photographs taken!

And as well as good food (and aperos!) served by great staff in a cosy atmosphere,
inspiration was all around ...





If you live in or are visiting the area, maybe following the 1066 trail, and you are looking for somewhere to eat, then please do try The Lamb Inn. 


For Sunday Lunch at The Lamb Inn, The Pout wore:


A Primark SS15 spotted cardi and New Look SS15 jersey trousers (yes, I'm giving jersey trousers a go this side of the Channel too!).


With the versatile SS15 Primark scarf, for an old lady has to think about neck warmth.
BTW, we don't have Primark back home so this store has been an eye-opener.


Topped with a SS15 M&S pink velour jacket, a super sale purchase.

I've noticed that the temperature over here is quite a few degrees colder than back home on the island, so I am wearing jackets a lot more over here and, indeed, my down coat has had its first airing here this winter!


A la perchoine.


2 comments:

  1. I live on an island also on the other side of the ocean.....I've caught up on your blogs not read.....is it possible for you to enlarge your photos? They are very small on my iPad....sorry for the small whine....
    You are fun to read and brave....
    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, a fellow islander! It's great to hear from you.
    Thank you for taking the time to read all my posts, I'm humbled. I'm pleased you find them fun, though my jury's out on the bravery bit!
    You should be able to tap on the picture which will take you to another screen, which you can then enlarge by expanding your fingers. I catch up on blogs with my humble kindle and it works fine via that route. And I do love looking at others' pictures!
    I hope this helps.
    PP.

    ReplyDelete