Remember ...

If not now, when?

Wednesday 16 March 2016

My Jersey Trouser Trauma

Monday was a nice family day and a day to relax after rushing around prepping for my holiday.



I was dressed top to ankle in M&S. 

I'm wearing black jersey trousers.  They wash well and are, of course, tres comfortable. 
But I don't know whether I can get my head around the concept of these jersey trousers. 
For two reasons. 

Firstly, I have some baggage.  These trousers take me back to my maternity wardrobe which consisted of one denim pinafore dress, one black print dress and one pair of navy blue jersey trousers which were already dated when they were handed down to me.
I wore those trousers to death - definitely out of necessity and not because I looked good in them.  For I did not.  But needs must.

I longed to be rid of those trousers. 
Needless to say, they were binned immediately bump became baby.

How times have changed; there are such gorgeous maternity clothes available these days and more disposable income to spend on them, neither of which was the case back then.  Money was tight and selection was poor.

Oh, almost forgot ... secondly, and more pertinent to why my jury is currently out on them - I recognise that as I age my rear needs some serious separate, lift and sculpt action and from a fabric that delivers elastane by the bucket-load and sadly jersey trousers fail on all counts. 
These just may have been a mistake buy, only time and some brave rear view mirror research will tell.  I'll report back if and when I find the fortitude to check in the mirror.

Have you found any jersey trousers that are both comfortable and flattering?
And what are your memories of maternity clothes - good, bad or indifferent?





Now where's the nearest charity shop to drop off those trousers?


A la perchoine.



No comments:

Post a Comment